This is the third day of taking Prozac and...I gotta tell you the truth...
I FEEL GREAT!
seriously.
I do have to be careful it doesn't throw me into mania here but I do feel great. I have never felt this way. It is like I woke up to the world. Colors seem brighter. I feel like I can literally see with more clarity. I feel like doing all the fun things I have never done before.
The first two days...the only things I felt were a sensation of dizziness when I would get up too quickly and...some definite lethargy. I felt very tired but that may just have been my MS. No stomach troubles. I am taking it with my breakfast. My libido...definitely still there...no problems yet.
I felt a little strange today...like being in a vacuum..a bit of nothingness and them whooosh....came some good feelings.
I like it! I really like it so far!
All these years not trying this...wow. So far so good...just gotta watch my manic side and...make sure I can feel all my feelings. This is a totally different experience than taking the SAM-e. With SAM-e I felt like doing things...had more energy...but the emotional component wasn't there so much. Prozac is making me feel good.
We shall see! Thumbs up so far me mateys!
6 comments:
(((HUGS)))
I'm so glad it's working!
I loved Prozac! Had to stop taking it due to side effects though.
what side effects?
Advice from an old, old, stupid perhaps inssane woman: Just steel yourself for the day the pill does NOT make you feel better. If you don't, you will feel worse than ever. EVERY drug has side effects.
Somehow Native Americans survived, and well, until WE came along. Now THAT you can ponder. (no side effects)
As you know I am a great supporter of Prozac. Usually it takes about a week to start "feeling any difference."
I am glad you are feeling better. I'd be interested to know who you are doing at about a week's time, then two weeks, then three, then a month. (not so much day by day because you'll be too focused on effects).
I can't say that there is anything that Prozac presented as a side effect that would be bad enough for me to quit taking it. I did experiment with taking it at different meal times (or bedtime) to see if there were any differences. I didn't find any.
I can't imagine going back to my life before Prozac. And I won't go back. Good Luck and take care, Anne
i am listening to all that you guys have to say. this was not an easy thing for me to do. at all. i am 43 years old. i have been suffering from depression for as long as i can remember. i have never taken any pill for it except once after i lost a baby...a miscarraige...and my therapist demanded it...i didn't want to. so this is HUGE for me to try something. I will try it...see if it works...see if I tolerate it and then go from there.
I know there are no magic pills. I have to still do the work necessary to keep me going.
I have researched this extensively...believe me...I do not do things on a whim. I wish I were more...spontaneous.
at any rate...on this third day...i am liking the prozac.
Good for you that you FEEL good...
Linda D. in Seattle
Post a Comment