
I have been trying to seek balance and perspective lately. I know that it is a process...it is something you cannot instantly achieve.
We are all so small really...just little specks of life in the universe...but also we are all so great in that what we do sets about a series of chain reactions which could ultimately change the world. Actually I do believe we change the world each day we exist. I want to believe that. It is certainly better than the alternative.
I am trying to pause before choices and actions and ask myself..."Is this good for me?" "Is this mentally healthy?" "Is this a part of being on my path?"
The thing is...you never really know the value of a choice or action until you have done it. At that moment before grasping the ring...all values can be entertained. It could be a "good" choice or a "bad" choice...we don't really know until we have taken it. This ambiguity...this uncertainty...makes for chaos and fear. We don't know what tomorrow will bring. Nobody owns the proverbial crystal ball.
So we leap over great chasms, risking and daring, and praying and hopig that we don't break our necks in the process. I suppose this might be what some people call faith...trusting that we will be able to make those leaps again and again.
Perspective: We are both infinitely small and great within the universe.
Balance: The ability to see ourselves from these small and large lenses.
7 comments:
Leaps of faith are the only things that keep us functioning. Those who don't take those risks may as well be dead. Interesting blog.
I hear you. When I've felt my best, I was searching for happiness now. And now, and now. Because, ultimately, I believe in my intuition, and when it tells me something is good, then it's good. The problem I run into is when my mind tries to get an opinion in. Then it gets all screwy.
Lovely post. Getting the right balance isnt always easy, but certainly something to strive for.
Balance, large and small...
I had a chance to do something for someone yesterday. I told him "Once a day I do something nice for someone. Today is YOUR day."
Maybe it will make up in some way for when the opposite occurs.
Hi Merelyme, it seems that sometimes things happen beyond our control and we just have to make the best of it. I think things don't just fall into our laps. We have to be able to go out and get it at anytime. Being prepared to face the inevitable with your best foot forward. That is the key to success. Quiet confidence will outshine those that try to baffle others by speaking in circles. Success is gained through knowledge and perseverance even in the face of opposition and failure. That's what I believe.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. Every little bit helps. I hope you are having a good one.
Every grain of sand came from a mountain...
Linda D. in Seattle
Perspective and balance are both good things to have. They are also quite elusive.
Post a Comment