
william james....right. you ever have a brain freeze where you just can't think of something you know you have always known but you just can't retrieve it? i am doing that more and more. MS? age? just me? who knows. i find myself in these conversations where i want to discuss a movie or a book and i end up saying things like..."you know that movie with that guy(can't remember names either!) and he is short and is wearing a green sweater and the woman is in it who was in that show (which i can't remember either)...oh forget it."
anyways...i was trying to think of the philosopher dude who talked about cuttlefish and stream of consciousness. william james! here i thought i re-invented the term....as i have always described my writing this way but now i am finding others who call their writing this. YA COPYCATS! just kidding.
this is also a writing technique....ala the artist way books and...let's see...there is also a fancy writing term for this. of course i cannot remember it. what is wrong with my brain? don't answer that. it is empowering when you do it. you basically set a time period and don't set down your pen or stop typing....however ridiculous the stuff coming out. it really does cure writer's block.
i do this to clear my head. for me. that way you have more room up there.
somedays i feel like kelly bundy from married with children (hey i remembered the names! yowsa!) when she started to learn things from books...and all of a sudden she couldn't do simple things like turn a doorknob. she simply had no more room in her brain.
i am just full of pop culture references. i truly admire someone who knows a lotta stupid shit. such as...the lyrics to the Banana Splits show. remember that? or...the name of the jetson's robot maid? or how to talk ubby bubby talk from Zoom. or understands the reference when i ask, "whatchu 'talkin 'bout Willis?
the stupid and inane sometimes sustains. it all helps.
i think i have an odd sense of humor. either you can make me laugh or...you just don't get it. the show...arrested development...funny as hell. but it went off the air. you know why? because people would rather laugh at videos of people falling into wedding cakes or children falling off of trampolines. come on people. i don't like most internet forwarded jokes. unless they are really really bad. i love both jokes, movies, and sometimes even people who are just so bad that they are....great. i love knock knock jokes for this reason. and william shatner. have you ever heard the man sing lucy in the sky? a classic for sure.
i have a crush on john cusack. love, love, love him. he always plays the same part in most every movie but he does it so well. the sad, comical, angsty, loveable dope. i like ben stiller too. he is irritatingly wonderful. columbo...always had a thing for him. so humble yet so smart. and the trenchcoat...oooh la la. oh but wait...jack black. Mmmmm mmm honey child. any man who is comfortable showing butt crack and not being embarrassed about it...very cool. i love his uni-brow too. and he AND john cusack were in one of my favorite movies of all time...high fidelity.
same sex crush (i had never heard of this term until a friend of mine told me about hers of the gal who was in the titanic...what's her name?) mine would be...keira knightly. and...calista flockhart. oh and cute little sally field.
i could go on....and on. i think this was a case of...TMI (too much information).
i was gonna write something very serious but...it can wait. tonight i needed...light.
so light and airy is what you get! beggars can't be choosers matey.
i am so much weirder than you thought aren't i? heh
goodnight....sleep well
merelyme
9 comments:
You are so funny. I wish I could write loose and easy like this. My stuff is all so h-e-a-v-y. Perhaps I should try? Might be good for me.
I can't believe that you talked about Zoom! I used to see that 1000 years ago. I still hear them sing out the zip code. "sind it to zoom!":)
Sally Field?
YOU LIKE HER! YOU REALLY, REALLY LIKE HER!
Happy New Year, Merelyme!
mofo blogger! grrrrr
et my post!
anywhat... glad ye like nudder canuckistanian who can't sing to save his soul, billy shatner!
though trained in shakespeare, can't act worth a damn at times neither, witness his james tiberius kirk role!
as for being weird, fuhgeddaboudit... onliest way to be!
all the best for 2008 to you and yours, hon! :x
Your Eddie looks quite nice...
Another year come and gone. They just seem to go by so quick any more.
I'm off to find a new key board today. I'm tired of crawling around the floor whenever I need a u.s.b. port.
Happy New Year, Merelyme!
"whatchu 'talkin 'bout Willis?"
Ha!! Different Strokes!!! I LOVED that show. Remember Mr. Drumand? Hehe.
I like being weird. I gave up long ago trying to be "normal" whatever that might be.
As for trivia and stuff, I'm a fountain of useless knowledge. I can remember all kinds of stuff, unless its numbers and names.
I like John Cusack as well. Especially in "Gross Point Blank."
I love Arrested Development too. Shame it got canceled. I also have a crush on John Cusack (though the fact that he dated Britney lessened it some).
Isn't it strange that I can remember the character names of a politically incorrect 60's sitcom, the music score too, and not be able to remember one of my favorite author's names while attempting to have a litterate comparative literature conversation, even while a recent book has been sitting on my coffee table for a month or more.
If you are strange than i am too !
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment