Monday, January 26, 2009

Talking Pets

Do any of your pets...um...well uh...do they ever talk to you?

My kitten said "hello" to me today. I swear...her meow sounded just like she was saying "hello."

So I went to see if any other kitties had this special talent. And I found one!

Check this out!

Addendum: Oh my gosh...when I played this cat meowing my pets all went nuts. They couldn't figure out who was talking.



-----------------------

And now it is LINK TIME!

I know...you can hardly contain yourselves. Don't reach for that donut! Read me instead....see I am helping you lose weight. Oh okay you can eat the donut AND read my posts.

Multiple Sclerosis is one weird disease I am telling you. I feel like I could definitely be a subject for one of Oliver Sach's books. In this post I talk about some of my more bizarre MS symptoms. Have any strange MS symptoms? Come and join the discussion right here.

Therapy can be a salvation provided of course that you find a good therapist. What makes a good therapist? What qualities should you look for? And how do you know if it is working or not? When do you make that decision to call it quits with your doctor? In this two part series I will be discussing how to hire and fire your therapist. I have been there and done that honey! Have any tips to share about getting a good therapist or letting a not so good one go? Do come and tell us your experience. You just might help someone in the process.

See ya later! My kitten says "Hello!"

14 comments:

Paul is a Hermit said...

I'm glad I wasn't drinking coffee with my donut when I played that! Some things don't go with laughing out loud. Now, tell us what it said!

Good stuff. The articles, even better. :)

DeeJay said...

My old cat, Poppy, was always a 'talkative' cat but never with the clarity of this one Say hello to Mew Mew for me

Charles Gramlich said...

I've heard both cats and dogs do something similar. They are mimicking humans as near as I can tell.

Travis Cody said...

My cat totally freaked out when I played that! I freaked a little bit.

Mr Tucker does talk to me, but not like that. It's regular kitty speak but we've been together so long that I get what he's telling me.

G. B. Miller said...

Mine doesn't talk verbally as much as using telepathy.

Denver Refashionista said...

We are on a wavelength I think. I just posted a bit from my dog's perspective.

susan said...

My cat sounds like that when she wants to vomit a hair ball.


My previous kitty was a real talker, she would go up to any mirror and start meowing at it like it was a real cat.

I suppose if my cat could talk she would sing the Meow Mix song.

How is baby Mew? Is she a talker?

DirkStar said...

My cat keeps telling me to kill my family...

Ashley Smith said...

Whoa, that one caught me off guard! If I was at home alone and heard my pet do all that I would freak out.

Donnetta said...

Hi, Diane! Percy and Princess both say hello. I had a little female dog named Rufus who would try so, so hard to imitate our sounds. It was so precious. I swear, she knew what she was doing. Trust this finds you well! D

It's Me said...

OMG>...........that cat is soooo scary! I'm not a "cat" person, so hearing this really scares me even more!!!

As for the MS. Oh dear. It just pains me to even see those two letters. I pray for you often.....I know how cruel this disease is.

D.B. Echo said...

One of my cats talks like that to his favorite toy, a Fluppy named Dolly that my grandmother won at bingo in her nursing home. (She died in 1998, so he's had this toy at least ten years!)

BRAINCHEESE said...

Ah...my cat pretty much talks subliminally to me ALL the time. She's very moody and rules the roost. And I suppose it's a good thing, because her attitude makes MINE look rather kitten-ish!

Linda D. in Seattle

Richie said...

I have been trying to get my Jack Russel to say "Nuts" for years now- he is no closer now than when we started. I was hoping that he would have a great future in TV comercials and be able to keep me luxury. It sounds a long shot but I reckon it is still better odds than the lottery!
Has Tiggy got an agent?