I have lots of stuff to tell you guys.
First of all there are a lot of new links on my sidebar. I did have a separate writing site but it is just too much for me to keep up with now that I am doing some freelance writing. So I brought everybody over here. I plan to have a little writing nook here where I talk about writing on this blog. If you know any good writers you want me to check out, let me know and I will add them to my list.
----------------------------------------------------
Wanted to tell you about Susan over at her site, If you are going through hell keep going, sent me a media packet about the fact that this week is National Suicide Prevention Week.
This is a topic which I do have some personal experience with, unfortunately. I write about my experiences here.
I will leave you with a quote:
"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."
- David O. McKay
There are an awful lot of people fighting their own private battles. Remember that whatever you are going through, there is someone else going through it too. You are not alone. Don't be afraid to reach out.
Here is a number to call for anyone who might need it. I called one day and it did help me.
to get help (1-800-273-TALK (8255)
----------------------------------------
John D. over at his site, A Storied Mind,graciously gave me a Brilliant Blogger award. If you haven't visited John's site, please do. He is an exceptional writer about the topic of depression. I am now supposed to give this award to seven other bloggers and I will do just that in a separate post.
------------------------------------------
What else? Mew Mew the kitty should be re-named Mew Mew the Diabolical Kitty. I have seen her licking her genitals and then going after my toothbrush. If cats could snicker I swear she would. She has also taken a liking to falling into the toilet. The first time it happened I thought she just fell. Then I saw her practically dive in. She also has a penchant for my earrings which she likes to chew right out of my earlobes. But then she looks at me all sweetly and does the whole cuddle purr thing and it makes you forget all the naughty kitten antics. For a few minutes anyways.
So what's new with you guys? Good? Bad? Do tell all!
11 comments:
Thank you for mentioning me. I admire you, you know that, doncha ?
You really do deserve that award and I am glad John gave it to you.
More please about Mew Mew. I would love to see a picture of her in the toilet!
I love that cat but you better think about a new toothbrush. They do know. You have two, don't you? Believe me, they talk after lights are out and laugh like crazy.
Don't know about the toilet though, that's a dog thing. Next time, picture, unless she drowning. :)
I've read Susan's blog a little, she's squared away. It's hard for depressed people to talk. Good, accurate quote. They live there.
LOL! I like your new cat, but advise that you move your toothbrush to a new location. :-)
Hi - I noticed you stopped by my blog ... Thought I'd leave my 'tracks' on yours :)!! I love the Quoe by David O. McKay - so true.
Merely,
I read somewhere recently that cats can be trained to the toilet, doing away with the need for litter. Never bothered to try it though, 'cause I thought I'd get tired of mopping the floor. :-)
Just been trying to get myself back into the daily routine after the Canoe Classic. Just when things seem to be getting back to normal we run off to NJ this weekend for a wedding. Sometime we have to move out of the cottage and back home to heat.
Have a great day!
rel
Am I the only one getting a little tired of every week or month being _____ awareness___? I can't keep up and I am aware always. Not sure how to handle it on my blog.
Mew Mew, I likey.
I staffed a suicide prevention line in college years; I think being aware means being active, helpful in some way, finanal or w.friend in need or volunteering.
Waiting for Hurricane Ike to hit Texas. I'm scared.
What a sensational writer you are! I really enjoy your take on things! Keep up the great work.
no biggie, waiting for new imac, some time toward month end...
then can get on with multitasking ;)
Now you are very active in your blog and good to see you being active again. You have been busy.
I have been busy with alot of things. Working, living in a new house, having 3 pets and much more. Now, I am getting more free time to get online more often. So, one day, I will be back to my ornery self again.
:) Hugs, Jim
Post a Comment